Our Provision for those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
We believe that all children should have their needs met and should be given an equal access to the curriculum. Our aim is to provide individual and small group provision for those children with Special Needs whatever those needs may be so that they can reach can progress effectively. We feel that their contribution to school life should be valued and we seek to build their self-esteem.
Objectives are to:
- Identify as early as possible those children with special needs
- Regularly inform parents of their child’s progress
- Fill in all the necessary forms supplied by the LA and designed by the school itself
- Liaise regularly with external agencies
- Create individual education plans where appropriate
- Plan and differentiate appropriate work for the children with special needs
- Put into place regular screening of SEN children
For further information please refer to our SEN Information Report found on our Statutory documents page
Who are the best people at Saint Aidan's Primary to talk to about my child’s Special Educational Need?
- Our Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs Elizabeth Wright
- Our SEND Governor is Mrs Jo Sone
Both can be contacted via written correspondence or email to the school. Mrs Wright can also be contacted by telephone at the school.